Module 11 Body language
Unit 2 Here are some ways to welcome them.
finger foot knee leg mouth body foreign personal arm hold
n.手指 n.(pl.feet)脚；足 n.膝盖 n.腿 n.嘴；口 n.身体，躯干 adj.外国的 adj.个人的 n.臂；手臂 v.(held)握着;使不动
move Britain not at all polite somewhere wave fact in fact bring
v.移动 不列颠；英国 一点儿也不 adj.礼貌的 adv.某处；某个地方 v.挥（手）；招（手）；摆（手） n.事实；细节 事实上 v.(brought)带来
eye mouth finger knee leg
Answer the questions.
1. Is body language the same in different countries? No, it isn’t.
2. Is it all right to stand close to people in the Middle East? Yes, it is.
3. Do the British like touching people? No, they don’t.
4. Do Americans look at people when they talk? Yes, they do.
5. Do people in Greece wave goodbye?
No, they don’t.
Read the passage carefully and fill in the form, and then retell this part.(导航P95）
How close do you stand?
How about touching people?
Do you look
1.S_t_an_d__c_lo_s_e_t_o_p_e_opinlethe Middle East.
2. __D_o_n_’_t_s_t_a_n_d_c_l_o_s_e_t_o__ North Americans. Give themm_o_r_e__p_e_rs_o_n__a_l _s_p_a_c.e
often walk arm in arm with
3. Chinese girls_t_h_e_ir_f_r_ie_n_d_s_______________.
4. South Americans sometimes hold your arm
5.In Britain, _mp_e_ao_np_yl_ep_et_oo_pt_ol_eu_cd_ho__nth’.telmikeatoathller
6.In some places, _i_t_i_s_n_’_t_p__o_l_it_e__to__l_o_o__k at .
at people when you talk?
people when you talk
7. But in other countries, _it_i_s_n_’t__p_o_li_te__to__lo__o_k_ . somewhere else
8. In Britain and the US, _u_s_u_a_ll_y_l_o_o_k. at each other
How do you 9. Just __w__a_v_e_t_o__s_a_y_g.oodbye
10. But in Greece, _I_t’_s_n_o_t_a_t__a_ll_p_o. lite! In fact ,
it’s very rude.
3 Check ( ) the body language you can
use in different countries and places.
Look at people
close each other when talking
1. (be) close to 距离……近
2. arm in arm 臂挽臂
3. move away 搬走
4. not at all
5. in fact
6. what about… ……怎么样
Complete the passage with the correct form of the words from the box. Britain fact foreign hold move personal polite someone wave
Lingling: People from (1) _f_o_r_e_ig_n__ countries have different
body language from us. In (2) __B_r_i_t_a_in__, people don’t
like to touch other people, but in South America they
like to (3) __h_o_ld__ on to you so you can’t (4) __m__o_v_e__
away. Remember to give (5) __s_o_m_e_o_n_e_ from North America lots of (6) _p_e_r_s_o_n_a_l space. In some
countries it isn’t (7) _p_o_l_it_e_ to look at people when you talk. And it isn’t polite to (8)__w__a_v_e goodbye in Greece. In (9)_f_a_c_t__, it’s quite dangerous!
Activity 5 Work in groups. Talk about your class rules.
Stand up when you answer a question in class. Don’t be late for class. Be polite to the teacher. Don’t eat food in class.
1. We should be _p__o_li_te__ (礼貌) to the old. 2. We learn English as our second _l_a_n_g_u_a_g_e_ (语言). 3. Don’t ask the foreigners about their _p_e_r_s_o_n_a_l_ (个人的)
questions. 4. He _w__a_v_e_d__ (挥手) his hands and then left. 5. In __f_a_c_t___ (事实上), he is a clever boy.
Ⅱ.单项选择 1. __B__ is easy ____ her to learn English. A. It; of B. It; for C. That; for D. That; of 2. What about __C__ shopping with me, Kate? A. go B. to go C. going D. goes 3. __A__ the window, please. It’s cold outside. A. Don’t open B. Open C. Not open D. Doesn’t open
Make a list of class rules for new students in your school.
Facts speak louder than words. 事实胜于雄辩。
2020外研初中英语课件 七年级英语下册 Module 11 Unit 2 Here are some ways to welcome them课件 _图文发布时间:
Module 11 Body language