1. Do you know Hamlet? Have you read The Merchant of Venice? These two great 1w________ are both written by William Shakespeare, My2________（最喜爱）English writer and the man of all ages! Shakespeare, a son 3________ a poor family, a man of little education, wrote plays and poems that are 4r________ all over the world, I like him because his comedies and tragedies bring me into a fantastic world; I love him because his poems let me enjoy the 5b______ of the English language; I 6________（羡慕）him because his keen sights set me 7_______（思考）and teach me 8________ to lead a meaningful life! Since “Life is a stage”, we are 9________（实际） all actors and actresses. On this stage, everyone had his own role to play, 10________ I will try my best to play my role well. 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 2 Good morning, ladies and gentlemen! I’m Sue. Allow me, first of all, on 1b of my teachers and classmates to give you a warm welcome to all of you 2c from London. It really gives us a great 3 （快乐）to have you in our school for a 4 （短暂的）visit. I believe that you will be glad to see how well we Chinese students are 5 along with our English learning. We think it a bridge to the 6 （友谊）between us and the people throughout the 7o world. But, you know, there are still some students, most of 8 are boys of science, learning English with much trouble. So, we hope you would give us some 9a on the language study. Finally, let me wish you a pleasant 10 （停留）here. 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 3 It had rained for a few days. I felt very1 （厌烦的）. But it became fine last Sunday morning. So I got up early and decided to go for a walk and take some 2 p in the 3 （美丽的）country. After breakfast, I carried a camera with me and set 4 . Everything went smoothly. I enjoyed my trip so much that I didn’t 5 （意 识到）the weather had turn bad again. I began to run and it was too late. I was 6c in the rain and was wet through. I kept on running 7u I got to the bus stop. I stood there 8w a long time for the bus shivering with cold. Shortly 9 I got home, I had a high fever, 10 made me stay in bed for a whole week! 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 4 I’m Senior Three student. I can hardly live under so much pressure. Every day I have to 1 （停留 at school for over nine hours to have lessons and 2s at least three to four hours doing my homework at home. We 3______ （青少年）were eager to have a play and enjoy ourselves, but we hardly have any spare time to do 4 we want 5 addition, we even don’t have enough sleep. There seem to be three causes about the 6 （超负荷）: the pressure of examinations, too much homework and the high expectations from the parents. We are often warned that 7 we don’t do our best we will not have the chance to go to 8u . The pressure often makes me 9 （醒着 的）at night. I wish that I could have someone to talk to. I am10 l forward to getting some advice. 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 5 Women are playing a much more important part in society today. Now women are working 1 teachers, scientists and even leaders. We have to admit the fact that almost all jobs 2 used to be done by men are done perfectly well today by women. Women are no longer 3l down upon in society. With these 4 （改变）in their social role, women’s position in the family has been 5 （改善）as well. It is hard to find the wife is busy while the husband is sitting in an armchair, 6w TV. In spite of all these changes, a great 7n of men still guard their rights. They 8t of women as incapable creatures. Sometimes few women are allowed to 9 （出席）important meetings. This is the problem we should try to 10 （解决）now.
高二年段英语科期末特训 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 6 Visiting friends is probably one of the most common occurrences in daily life. Generally 1s , it is polite to call a friend before you visit, but often very close friends just drop in 2 each other without calling. Some people enjoy a 3 （惊喜）visit from a friend, but many people do not. Take Americans for example, those 4 don’t like surprise visits may tell their friends to call first 5 they come. This is 4 （可接受的） because most people are very busy. Dropping in at a busy time can 7l to some problems for the person visiting and the person visited. It is a good idea to ask a friend 8w he or she 9 （介意） your just dropping by without calling. If you are not sure your friend 10 （欢迎）surprise visits, call first. 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 7 More and more people want to work these days.1 , it has become harder and harder in today’s world to find work for everybody. The 2 （经济） the world need to grow 3 of 4% each year to keep the old number of jobs for people. Often this is impossible, so more and more people are out of 4w On the other 5h , new machines can do the work of many people in a short time. What’s 6 , machines do not ask for more money and longer holiday. All over the world, machines are 7t the place of people little by little, not only in cities but also in the 8 （乡村） .Thousands of people are 9 （搬家） cities every day and10 l to for jobs, but how many of them can find one? 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10._______ 8 On my way back form school this afternoon, I met with two American friends. Who had 1l their way. They looked anxious. When I was told the hotel 2 they lived, I took them there. On the way I told them about the great changes that had3 t place in our city in the past few years. I also told them about my life at school, 4 （特别是）my English study. The American friends were 5 （惊讶的）to know so many Chinese students were learning English and kept 6 （表扬）me for my wonderful English, which encouraged me greatly. It didn’t take 7l time to find their hotel. At the gate of the hotel, I shook 8 with them and said good-bye to them. They kept waving to me until I was out of 9s . I got home later than usual, but I felt happy because my English 10 （起作用） ！ 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 9 Good morning, Girls and boys! My name is Sue. May I have your 1a , please? The Students’ Union is going to hold an English Speech contest 2 the evening of December 30. The purpose is to increase the students 3 （兴趣）in learning English and improve their 4s English. It is going to be held in the school main hall and will 5b at 7:30. And the best five students of this English contest will be given 6 （奖品） Everyone in Grade . Three will be welcome to 7 part in it. Those who would be interested in this contest should come to the 8 （办公室） the Students’ Union and 9 of up your names, classes and the topics of your English speech. Welcome to this great fun! So much for this. Thank you for 10 l ! 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 10 Fang Tong is 34 years old, an actor, director and teacher of Beijing Opera Theatre. Most of his students are 1_______other parts of China and have come to Beijing at the very young 2_______ of sixteen or seventeen. He hopes to 3_______（创 造）an environment for his students that is much more relaxing 4_____ the one he used to study in. He thinks that an 5_______ （演员） should relax himself when performing. Yet his students deeply 6______ （尊重） him and he never needs to raise his voice in order to be 7h_______.In his 8o_______, actors should go on even when they feel they have made a 9m_______in their performances because the moment is 10a_______ gone and people can never be back to it. . . So art is always changing and developing.
高二年段英语科期末特训 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 11 I was recently told that listening to loud music is gradually making people hard of hearing. I'm sure it has already 1h_______ to my neighbor. For years she has turned a 2_______（聋）ear to my requests to turn her radio 3_______. When she gives a party she won't have to 4i_______ the rest of the street. Everyone can 5d_______ to her music in his own room. Now 6a _______（科学家）has discovered a certain electronic sounds have strange 7e_______ on rats. He declares they break down, almost paralyzed（瘫痪）8w_______ their legs trembling. Then it is simply a matter of 9_______（扔）them out by their tails. I wonder 10_______the same thing will fall on my neighbor someday. 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 12 Like most of my schoolmates, I have neither brothers nor sisters---in other 1_______, I am an only child. My parents love me dearly of course and will do all they 2_______ to make sure that I get a good 3_____（教育）. They do not want me to do any work at home; they want me to 4d_______ all my time to my studies so that I'll get good marks in all my 5____ __（科目）. We may be one family and live 6_______ the same roof, but we do not seem to get much time to talk 7_ ____ （一起） It looks as if my parents 8t_______ me as a visitor or a guest. Do they really 9u_______ their own daughter . What things are in other families, I 10w_______. 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 13 Fishing is my favorite sport. I often fish for hours without 1c_______ anything. 2 B_______this does not worry me. Some fishermen are unlucky. I 3_______ of catching fish, they catch old boots and 4_______（垃圾）. I am even less lucky. I 5______catch anything -- not even old boots. After having 6s______ whole mornings on the river, I always go home with an 7_______（空的）bag. 'You must give up fishing!’ my friends say. 'It's a 8w______ of time. ' But they don't realize one important thing. I’m not really interested 9______fishing. I just enjoy 10___（坐）in a boat and doing nothing at all! 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 14 The memory of our school hood is so sweet. It is five years now since I 1g_______ from No. 3 High School. Last Saturday, the class that I was in 2_______（举行）a get-together, which 3_______（花费）us a long time to prepare. It was indeed not easy to get in 4_______ with everybody and set a good time 5_______ all of us. We all enjoyed this precious day greatly, 6________（回想起）the time we spent together and the people we were 7f_______ with. It was a pity 8_______ some of us were not present as they had gone 9a_______ for further studies, but they called back or sent greeting 10________（卡片）from different places. I hope all of our classmates can really get together next time. 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________ 15 Dear John, How’s everything? We haven’t seen each other for long 1s_______ we last met. I am very excited to have got an e-mail from you. I'm glad you have made such great 2_______（进步）that you can write your e-mail in good 3C_______. I read your e-mail to my parents and 4_______ （给…看） them the photo you sent to me. How time 5_____! Our friendship has lasted for several months. We have got to know 6a_____ learned a lot 7______ each other. Yes, it is clear that your life in your country is quite 8______（不同的）from mine. Thanks again for writing to me. I'm looking forward to 9h_______ from you soon and hope that you will come to China in the near 10_______（将来）. 1._______ 2.________ 3._______ 4.________ 5._______ 6.________ 7.________ 8._______ 9._______ 10.________
1. He looked around and caught a man ______ his hand into the pocket of a passenger. A. put B. to be putting C. to put D. putting 2. When you’re learning to drive, _______ a good teacher makes a big difference. A. have B. having C. and have D. and having 3. I felt it a great honor ______ to speak to you. A. to ask B. asking C. to be asked D. having asked 4. I would love _______ to the party last night but I had to work extra hours to finish a report. A. to go B. to have gone C. going D. having gone 5. Before you decide to leave your job, _______ the effect it will have on your family. A. consider B. considering C. to consider D. considered 6. Robert is said _______ abroad, but I don’t know what country he studied in. A. to have studied B. to study C. to be studying D. to have been studying 7. It is said that in Australia there is more land than the government knows _______. A. it what to do with B. what to do it with C. what to do with it D. to do what with it 8. Anyone _______ bags, boxes, or whatever, was stopped by the police. A. seen carry B. seen carrying C. saw to carry D. saw carrying 9. Mr. Reed made up his mind to devote all he had to _______ some schools for poor children. A. set up B. setting up C. have set up D. having set up 10. The discovery of new evidence led to _______. A. the thief having caught B. catch the thief C. the thief being caught D. the thief to be caught 11. She looks forward every spring to _______ the flower-lined garden. A. visit B. paying a visit C. walk in D. walking in 12. To test eggs, _______ them in a bowl of water: if they float they’re bad, if they sink they’re good. A. put B. putting C. to put D. to be putting 13. “Where is David?” “He is upstairs ______ ready to go out.” A. to get B. getting C. to be getting D. having got 14. “Mum, why do you always make me eat an egg every day?” “________ enough protein and nutrition as you are growing up.” A. Get B. Getting C. To get D. to be getting 15. He was reading his book, completely _______ to the world. A. lost B. losing C. to lose D. to have lost 16. We looked everywhere for the keys, but they are nowhere _______. A. to find B. to have found C. to be found D. being found 17. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told him _______. A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not do 18. A cook will be immediately fired if he is found _______ in the kitchen. A. smoke B. smoking C. to smoke D. smoked 19. Finding her car stolen, _______. A. a policeman was asked to help B. the area was searching thoroughly C. it was looked for everywhere D. she hurried to a policeman for help 20. “How do you deal with the disagreement between the company and the customers?” “The key ______ the problem is to meet the demand ______ by the customers.” A. to solving, making B. to solving, made C. to solve, making D. to solve, made 21. “What do you think made Mary so upset?” “_______ her new bike.”
高二年段英语科期末特训 A. As she lost B. Lost C. Losing D. Because of losing 22. The research is so designed that once _______ nothing can be done to change it. A. begins B. having begun C. beginning D. begun 23. Though ________ money, his parents managed to send him to university. A. lacked B. lacking of C. lacking D. lacked in 24. Tony was very unhappy for _______ to the party. A. having not been invited B. not having invited C. having not invited D. not having been invited 25. Though I have often heard this song _______. I have never heard you _______ it. A. being sung, sang B. sang, singing C. sung, sing D. to be sung, to sing 26. He is a man of few words, and seldom speaks until _______ to. A. spoken B. speaking C. speak D. be spoken 28. When I handed the report to John, he said that George was the person _______. A. to send B. for sending it C. to send it to D. for sending it to 29. _______ on time, this medicine will be quite effective. A. Taking B. Being taken C. Taken D. Having taken 30. The film star walked to his car, ______ a crowd of journalists. A. followed by B. following by C. to follow D. to be followed by 31. After describing the planned improvements, she went on _______ how much they would cost. A. to explain B. explaining C. to be explaining D. having explained 32. Please excuse me _______ your letter by mistake. A. to open B. to have opened C. for opening D. in opening 33. Please remember _______ the plants while I’m away. A. watering B. to be watering C. to water D. being watering 34. Certainly I posted your letter — I remember ______ it. A. posting B. to post C. to be posting D. have posted 35. Stop _______ me to hurry up. I can only go so fast. A. to tell B. telling C. to have told D. having told 36. Remember _______ off the light when _______ to bed. A. turning, going B. to turn, to go C. turning, to go D. to turn, going 37. _______ time, he’ll make a first-class tennis player. A. Having given B. To give C. Giving D. Given 38. _______ in 1636, Harvard is one of the most famous universities in the United States. A. Being founded B. It was founded C. Founded D. Founding 39. The lady said she would buy a gift for her daughter with the ________. A. 20 dollars remained B. 20 dollars to remain C. remained 20 dollars D. remaining 20 dollars 40. The picture _______ on the wall is painted by my nephew. A. having hung B. hanging C. hangs D. being hung 41. With a lot of difficult problems ________, the newly-elected president is having a hard time. A. settled B. setting C. to settle D. being settled 42. Having a trip abroad is certainly good for the old couple, but it remains _____ whether they will enjoy it. A. to see B. to be seen C. seeing D. seen 43. Tony was very unhappy for _______ to the party. A. having not been invited B. not having invited C. having not invited D. not having been invited 44. “Good morning. Can I help you?” “I’d like to have this package _______.”
高二年段英语科期末特训 A. be weighed B. to be weighed C. to weigh D. weighed 45. What have we said _______ her so happy? A. makes B. to make C. made D. has made 46. What worried the child most was ______ to visit his mother in the hospital. A. his not allowing B. his not being allowed C his being not allowed D. having not being allowed 47. “Which sweater is yours?” “The one _______ No. 9.” A. that marked B. was marked with C. which marked D. marked with 48. If the car won’t start, _____ it. A. try push B. try pushing C. to try pushing D. to try to push 49. They stayed up until midnight _____ the old year out and the new year in. A. and saw B. to see C. seeing D. for seeing
1 Hearing the dog barking fiercely，away________. A．fleeing the thief B．was fleeing the thief C．the thief was fleeing D．fled the thief 2. The computer was used in teaching. As a result， only_____， students became more interested in the lessons. not but A．saved was teachers `energy B．was teachers ` energy saved C．teachers ` energy was saved D．was saved teachers ` energy 3. Unsatisfied ________with the payment，he took the job just to get some work experience. A．though was he B．though he was C．he was though D．was he though 4. So sudden ________that the enemy had no time to escape. A．did the attack B．the attack did C．was the attack D．the attack was 5．For a moment nothing happened. Then ________all shouting together. A．voices had come B．came voices C．voices would come D．did voices come 6． Distinguished guests and friends， welcome to our school. ________the ceremony of the 50th Anniversary this morning are our alumni (校友) from home and abroad. A．Attend B．To attend C．Attending D．Having attended 7．Not until I came home last night ________to bed. A．Mum did go B．did Mum go C．went Mum D．Mum went 8. So much of interest ________that most visitors simply run out of time before seeing it all. A．offers Beijing B．Beijing offers C．does Beijing offer D．Beijing does offer 9._____ I______ you, I would never have given him even a penny. A. Am; / B. Were; / C. Had; be D. Am; like 10． Little ________that we were watching his every move， he seemed to be going his own way in this business. so A．he realized B．he didn’t realize C．didn’t he realize D. did he realize 11．Not until he called the secretary three times ________that the manager went to an important meeting. A．did he tell B．he told C．was he told D．he was told 12．Only under special circumstances _______to take make?up tests. A．are freshmen permitted B．permitted are freshmen ．freshmen are permitted D．are permitted freshmen 13．—Did you see who the driver was? —No，so quickly _______that I couldn’t get a good look at his face. A．does the car speed by B．the car sped by C．did the car speed by D．the car speeds by 14. ________he is，________he can do something that grown?ups do. A．A boy as；but B．A boy though；yet C．Boy as；yet D．Boy as；but 15. Hardly ________the phone ________I was told that the hotel had been booked full. A．I had picked up；when B．had I picked up；then
高二年段英语科期末特训 C．had I picked up；when D．I had picked up；then 16. Only when class began ________that he had left his book at home. A．will he realize B．he did realize C．did he realize D. should he realize 17. Little _____about H1N1 so far，so there is no doubt that many people are afraid when talking about the disease. A．did scientists known B．scientists have known C．have scientists known D．had scientists known 18． “By no means， declared the captain.“________give way to disappointment.” ” A．we would B．we will C．might we D．shall we 19．Not until he called the secretary three times ________that the manager went to an important meeting. A．did he tell B．he told C ．was he told D．he was told 20． ________，she talks a lot about her favorite singers after she went home. A．A quiet student as she may be B．Quiet as she may be a student C．Be a quiet student as she may D．Quiet student as she may be 21．By the side of the Bird’s Nest________，completed in 2008. A．there standing the Water Cube B．does the Water Cube stand C．the Water Cube stands D．stands the Water Cube 22．Many people agree that never in history ________a more splendid opening ceremony than that of the Beijing Olympics. A．there were B．has there been C．there has been D．were there 23．Not a single word ________when he left home and joined the army in 1941. A．did he leave B．left he C．did leave he D．he left 24． We must apply what we have learned to our daily work because in no case ________from practice. A．should theory separate B．should theory be separated C．theory should separate D．theory should be separated 25．—Can I smoke here? —No. In no circumstances ________in the library. A．smoking permits B．smoking is permitted C．does smoking permit D．is smoking permitted
1. You look so tired tonight. It is time you _______. A. go to sleep B. went to sleep C. go to bed D. went to bed 2. “Why didn’t you buy a new car?” “I would have bought one if I _______ enough money.” A. had B. have had C. would have D. had had 3. I recommended that the student ___ his composition as soon as possible. A. finishing writing B. should finish the writing C. finish writing D. finished writing 4. If she could sew, _______. A. she would make a dress B. she would have made a shirt C. she will make a shirt D. she would had made a coat 5. _______ today, he would get there by Friday. A. Would he leave B. Was he leaving C. Were he to leave D. If he leaves 6. His doctor suggested that he_______ a short trip abroad. A. will take B. would take C. take D. took 7. The Bakers arrived last night, if they’d only let us know earlier, ___ at the station. A. we’d meet them B. we’ll meet them C. we’d have met them D. we’ve met them 8. If I __ you, I ___ more attention to English idioms and phrases.
高二年段英语科期末特训 A. was/ shall pay B. am/ will pay C. would be/ would pay D. were/ would pay 9. We might have failed if you ___ us a helping hand. A. have not given B. would not give C. had not given D. did not give 10. The Law requires that everyone ___ his car checked at least once a year. A. has B. had C. have D. will have 11. I wish ___ I busy yesterday; I could have helped you with the problem. A. hadn’t been B. weren’t C. wasn’t D. have not been 12. Had I known her name, ___. A. or does she know mine? B. and where does she live? C. she would be beautiful D. I would have invited her to lunch 13. He has just arrived, but he talks as if he ___ all about that. A. know B. knows C. known D. knew 14. If I ___ the money, I would have bought a much bigger car. A. possessed B. owned C. had D. had had 15. I wish I ___ a young man again. A. am B. was C. were D. will be 16. The librarian insists that John ___ no more books from the library before he returns all the books he had borrowed. A. will take B. took C. take D. takes 17. I left very early last night, but I wish I ___ so early. A. didn’t B. hadn’t left C. haven’t left D. couldn’t leave 18. I do not have a job. I would find one but I ___ no time. A. had B. didn’t have C. had had D. have 19. I wish that you ___ such a bad headache because I’m sure that you would have enjoyed the concert. A. hadn’t B. didn’t have had C. hadn’t had D. hadn’t have 20. He insisted that we all ___ in his office at one o’clock. A. be B. to be C. would be D. shall be 21. If it ___ rain, we ___ get wet. A. is to, should B. were to, would C. were going to, would D. was going to, should 22. If he ___ to the teacher attentively, he ___ the answer to the problem now. A. had listened, would have known B. listened, would know C. listened, would have known D. had listened, would know 23. But for the party, he ___ of hunger 30 years ago. A. would have died B. would die C. must have died D. must die 24. Very lucky! We arrived at the station one ten minutes before the train left. Otherwise, we ______ the flight. A. would miss B. would have missed C. must have missed D. must miss 25. I would have come earlier, but I ___ that you were waiting for me. A. didn’t know B. hadn’t know C. would have known D. haven’t known 26. It’s high time that we ___ to school. A. would to B. went C. go D. will go 27. It seems as if it ___ rain. A. will to B. is going to C. is to D. were going to 28. I’d rather you ___ right away. A. leave B. left C. will leave D. to leave 29. He is working hard for fear that he ___. A. fails B. failed C. would fail D. fail
高二年段英语科期末特训 30. It is really strange that the girl ___ so early. A. has been married B. has married C. should be married D. would marry 31. Supposing I ___ this gift, what would he say? A. accept B. accepted C. should accept D. would accept 32. The teacher agreed to the suggestion that the students ___ two weeks to prepare for the exam. A. give B. should give C. be given D. would be given 33. I was busy yesterday, otherwise I ___ your birthday party. A. attended B. had attended C. would attend D. would have attended 34. He insisted that he ___ me before. A. see B. should see C. had seen D. saw 35. The two strangers talked as if they ___ friends for years. A. were B. would be C. have been D. had been 36. We ___ our lives had it not been for the policeman. A. had lost B. should lose C. might lose D. could have lost 37. ---- I thought you would come back tomorrow. ---- I would if I ___ to attend a meeting. A. don’t have B. didn’t have C. will not have D. would not have 38. He wishes ___ mistakes. A. he doesn’t always make B. he isn’t always making C. he didn’t always make D. he wouldn’t always making 39. It ___ very nice if only it were possible A. will be B. would be C. is D. were 40. Without your help, our team ___ the last match. A. won’t win B. will lose C. wouldn’t have won D. can’t win
1. The limits of a person’s intelligence, generally speaking, are fixed at birth, but ______he reaches these limits will depend on his environment. A. where B. whether C. that D. why 2. Evidence has been found through years of study______ children’s early sleeping problems are likely to continue when they grow up. A. why B. how C. whether D. that 3. It is by no means clear ______the president can do to end the strike. A. how B. which C. that D. what 4. Jerry did not regret giving the comment but felt ______ he could have expressed it differently. A. why B. how C. that D. whether 5. We promise _____ attends the party a chance to have a photo taken with the movie star. A. who B. whom C. whoever D. whomever 6. As many as five courses are provided, and you are free to choose _____ suits you best. A. whatever B. whichever C. whenever D. wherever 7. It doesn’t matter _____ you pay by cash or credit card in this store. A. if B. whether C. what D. how 8. Our trip tomorrow depends on ______ it will be fine or not. A. why B. how C. whether D. when 9. Before a problem can be solved, it must be obvious ______the problem itself is.
高二年段英语科期末特训 A. what B. that C. which D. why 10. It suddenly occurred to him ___ he had left his keys in the office. A. whether B. where C. which D. that 11. The newcomer went to the library the other day and searched for _____ he could find about Mark Twain. A. wherever B. however C. whatever D. whichever 12. Scientists study ____ human brains work to make computers. A. when B. how C. that D. whether 13. I made a promise to myself ____ this year, my first year in high school, would be different. A. whether B. what C. that D. how 14. The notice came around two in the afternoon _____ the meeting would be postponed. A. when B. that C. whether D. how 15. __________ Barbara Jones offers to her fans is honesty and happiness. A. Which B. What C. That D. Whom 16. The shocking news mad me realize ________ terrible problems we would face. A. what B. how C. that D. why 17. There is clear evidence _____ the most difficult feeling of all to interpret is bodily pain. A. what B. if C. how D. that 18. The message you intend to convey through words may be the exact opposite of _____ others actually understand. A. why B. that C. which D. what 19. I am afraid he’s more of a talker than a doer, which is ______ he never finishes anything. A. that B. when C. where D. why 20.We` ve offered her the job, but I don’t know______ she’ll accept it. A. where B. what C. whether D. which 21. The villagers have already known ______ we ` ll do is to rebuild the bridge. A. this B. that C. what D. which 22. It was never clear _______ the man hadn `t reported the accident sooner. A. that B. how C. when D. why 23. His writing is so confusing that it’s difficult to make out _____it is he is trying to express. A. that B. how C. who D. what 24. Our teachers always tell us to believe in ________ we do and who we are if we want to succeed. A. why B. how C. what D. which 25. Twenty students want to attend the class that aims to teach ______ to read fast. A. what B. who C. how D. why 26. When the news came _____ the war broke out, he decided, to serve in the army. A. since B. which C. that D. because 27. Modern science has given clear evidence ______ smoking can lead to many diseases. A. what B. which C. that D. where 28.I `d like to start my own business----that’s ____ I’d do if I had the money. A. why B. when C. which D. what 29. It is still under discussion __________the old bus station should be replaced with a modern hotel or not. A. whether B. when C. which D. where 30. It is not always easy for the public to see _______ use a new invention can be of to human life. A. whose B. what C. which D. that
1. That evening, ______I will tell you more about later, I ended up working very late. A. that B. which C. what D. when 2. A lot of language learning, ______has been discovered, is happening in the first year of life, so parents should talk much to their children during that period. A. as B. it C. which D. this 3. Sales director is a position ______communication ability is just as important as sales skills. A. which B. that C. when D. where 4. When deeply absorbed in work, ______ he often was，he would forget all about eating or sleeping. A. that B. which C. where D. when 5. The air quality in the city, _____ is shown in the report, has improved over the past two months. A. that B. it C. as D. what 6. It is the third time that she has won the race, ____ has surprised us all. A. that B. where C. which D. what 7. Maria has written two novels, both of ___ have been made into television series. A. them B. that C. which D. what 8. Care of the soul is a gradual process ____ even the small details of life should be considered. A. what B. in what C. which D. in which 9. I wish to thank Professor Smith, without ____ help I would never have got this far. A. who B. whose C. whom D. which 10. By 16:30, ____ was almost closing time, nearly all the paintings had been sold. A. which B. when C. what D. that 11. In our class there are 46 students, _____ half wear glasses. A. in whom B. in them C. of whom D. of them 12. We live in an age ______ more information is available with greater ease than ever before. A. why B. when C. to whom D. on which 13. Ellen was a painter of birds and of nature, _____, for some reason, had withdrawn from all human society. A. which B. who C. where D. whom 14. After the flooding, people were suffering in that area, ____ urgently needed clean water, medicine and shelter to survive. A. which B. who C. where D. what 15. The prize will go to the writer _____ story shows the most imagination. A. that B. which C. whose D. what 16. Ted came for the weekend wearing only some shorts and a T-shirt, _____ is a stupid thing to do in such weather. A. this B. that C. what D. which 17. Mary was much kinder to Jack than she was to the others, _____, of course, make all the others upset. A. who B. which C. what D. that 18. You’ll find taxis waiting at the bus station _____ you can hire to reach your host family. A. which B. where C. when D. as 19. The old town has narrow streets and small houses _____ are built close to each other. A. they B. where C. what D. that 20. She showed the visitors around the museum, the construction _____ had taken more than three years. A. for which B. with which C. of which D. to which 21. Between the two parts of the concert is an interval, _____ the audience can buy ice-cream. A. when B. where C. that D. which 22. Whatever is left over may be put into the refrigerator, _____ it will keep for two or three weeks. A. when B. which C. where D. while 23. English is a language shared by several diverse cultures, each of _____ uses it somewhat differently. A. which B. what C. them D. those 24. A bank is the place _____ they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain. A. when B. that C. where D. there 25. She has a gift for creating an atmosphere for her students _____ allows them to communicate freely with each other.
高二年段英语科期末特训 A. which B. where C. what D. who 26. It was April 29, 2001 _____ Prince William and Kate Middleton walked into the palace hall of the wedding ceremony. A. that B. when C. since D. before 27. The school shop, _____ customers are mainly students, is closed few the holidays. A. which B. whose C. when D. where 28. The days are gone _____ physical strength was all you needed to make a living. A. when B. that C. where D. which 29. I walked up to the top of the hill with my friend, _____ we enjoyed a splendid view of the lake. A. which B. where C. who D. that 30. Julie was good at German, French and Russian, all of _____ she spoke fluently. A. who B. whom C. which D. that 31. Stephen Hawking believes that the earth is unlikely to be the only planet _____ life has developed gradually. A. that B. where C. which D. whose 32. I’ve become good friends with several of the students in my school _____ I met in the English speech contest last year. A. who B. where C. when D. which 33. The girl arranged to have piano lessons at the training centre with her sister _____ she would stay for an hour. A. where B. who C. which D. what 34. That’s the new machine _____ parts are too small to be seen. A. that B. which C. whose D. What 35. Wind power is an ancient source of energy _____ we may return in the near future. A. on which B. by which C. to which D. from which 36. ---Can you believe I had to pay 30 dollars for a haircut? ---You should try the barber’s _____ I go. It’s only 15. A. as B. which C. where D. that 37. After graduating from college, I took some time off to go travelling, _____ turned out to be a wise decision. A. that B. which C. when D. where 38. As a child, Jack studied in a village school, _____ is named after his grandfather. A. which B. where C. what D. that 39. The newly built café the walls of _____ are painted light green, is really a peaceful place for us, specially , after hard work. A. that B. it C. what D. which 40. The old temple _____ roof was damaged in storm is now under repair. A. where B. which C. its D. whose 41. I refuse to accept the blame for something _____ was someone else’s fault. A. who B. that C. as D. what 42. My mother was so proud of all _____that she rewarded me with a trip to Beijing. A. I had done B. what I had done C. that I has done D. what I did 43. _____ many times, “Serve the people” is our first policy. A. As we have stressed B. That has stressed C. It has been stressed D. What we have stressed 44. Children who are not active or _____ diet is high in fat will gain weight quickly. A. what B. whose C. which D. that 45. In China, the number of cities is increasing _____ development is recognized across the world. A. where B. which C. whose D. that
Practice makes perfect!
非谓语动词 1-10 DBCAA DCBBC 11-20 DABCA CABDB 21-30 CDCDB ACCAB 31-40 BCCAB DDCDB 41-49 CBDDD BDBB 倒装现象 1-10 DBBCB CBCBD 11-20 CACCC CCDCD 21-25 DBABD 虚拟语气 1-10 DDCAC CCDCC 11-20 ADDDC CBDCA 21-30 BDABA BCBDC 31-40 BCDCD DBDBC 名词性从句 1-10 BDDCC BBBAD 11-20 CBCBB ADDDC 21-30 CDDCC CCDAB 31 A 定语从句 1-10 BADBC CCDBA 11-20 CBABC DBADC 21-30 ACACA BBABC 31-40 BAACC CBADD 41-45 BBDBC 短文填词 1. 1 works 2 favorite 3 from 4 read 5 beauty 6 admire 7.thinking 8 how 9 actually 10 and 2. 1. behalf 2. coming 3. pleasure 4. brief 5. getting 6. friendship 7. outside 8. whom 9. advice 10. stay 3. 1. bored 2. photos / pictures 3. beautiful 4.out / off 5. realize 6. caught 7. until 8. waiting 9.after 10.which 4. 1. stay 2. spend 3. teenagers 4. what 5. In 6. overload 7. if 8. university 9. awake 10. looking 5. 1. as 2. that 3. looked 4. changes 5. improved 6. watching 7. number 8. think 9. attend 10. solve 6. 1. speaking 2. that 3. surprise 4. who 5. before 6. acceptable 7. lead 8.whether 9. minds 10.welcomes 7. 1. However 2. economies 3. by 4. work 5. hand 6. more 7. taking 8. country / countryside 9. moving 10. looking 8. 1. lost 2. where 3. taken 4. especially 5. surprised 6. praising 7. long 8. hands 9. sight 10. worked 9. 1. attention 2. on 3. interest 4. spoken 5. begin 6. prizes 7. take 8. office 9. sign 10. listening 10. 1. from 2. age 3. create 4. than 5. actor 6. respect 7. heard 8. opinion 9. mistake 10. already 11. 1. happened 2. deaf 3. down 4. invite 5. dance 6. scientist 7. effects 8. with 9. throwing 10. if/whether 12. 1. words 2. can 3. education 4. devote 5. subjects 6. under 7. together 8. treat 9. understand 10. wonder. 13. 1. catching 2. But 3. Instead 4. rubbish 5. never 6. spent 7. empty 8. waster 9. in 10. sitting 14. 1. graduated 2. held 3. took 4. touch 5. for 6. remembering 7. familiar 8. that 9. abroad 10.cards 15. 1. since 2. progress 3. Chinese 4. showed 5. flies 6. and 7. from 8. different 9. hearing 10. future
- 高中语法 非谓语动词 名词性从句 定语从句 主谓一致 倒装句 虚拟语气 情态动词
- 陈 名词性从句 定语从句综合练习
- 2013届高考英语复习《5年高考3年模拟》(安徽专版)专题九 定语从句和名词性从句
- 高中语法 非谓语动词 名词性从句 定语从句 主谓一致 倒装句 虚拟语气 情态动词
- 陈 名词性从句 定语从句综合练习
- 2013届高考英语复习《5年高考3年模拟》(安徽专版)专题九 定语从句和名词性从句